The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill Receive EarthWISE Certification
The Grand Hotel in Salem, Bentley’s Grill, and The Salem Convention Center were the first hotel, restaurant and Convention Center in Salem and Marion County to become EarthWISE certified. The certification through Marion County’s EarthWISE program recognizes The Grand Hotel in Salem, Bentley’s Grill and The Salem Convention Center for their commitment to environmentally friendly practices.
Green practices include:
- Use of 100% recycled paper for all printed material
- Responsibly recycles all paper, plastic, glass, tin, aluminum and cardboard
- All waste left from on-site events is sorted and distributed properly
- Facility finds alternative uses for items not recyclable or donates materials to local schools and organizations for local projects, promoting Re-Use
- Utilize Earth friendly cleaning solutions and drainage system
- Supports local economy by purchasing products and food from local suppliers, for the restaurant, the breakfast room and the hotel gift shop.
- Operates on Energy Star appliances
- Sleeping room towel and linen program that allows guest to re-use their bedding and towels.
- Sleeping room and public area recycling
- Replacement of all lighting in guest rooms with LED lighting
- Composting all food and compostable products throughout entire facility
- Participates with “Clean the World,” recycling all used soap products from guest rooms..
- Purchase Wind power to offset energy cost
- Monthly Green training with employees
- Hotel donates all unclaimed lost and found items (after a 4 month period) to the Marion County Recidivism program through SOAR (Student Opportunity for Achieving Results)