Grand Hotel in Salem Packages
Behind the Beyond: Psychedelic Posters and Fashion in San Francisco, 1966-71
June 3rd through August 27th, 2017
Package your trip to the Behind the Beyond exhibition featured at The Hallie Ford Museum of Art with an overnight stay at The Grand Hotel in Salem. Conveniently located 3 blocks from the Hallie Ford Museum of Art, The Grand Hotel is right in the heart of downtown Salem.
Organized by artist Gary Westford, and drawn from his extensive personal collection in celebration of the 50th anniversary of “The Summer of Love,” this exhibition features more than 100 iconic posters, historic photographs, and related ephemera that highlight the development of the “psychedelic” art style. Twenty examples of clothing chart the influence of psychedelia on the worlds of both street and high fashion. The exhibition will also feature a light show by Bill Ham who created the revolutionary swirling backdrops to many legendary rock concerts of the time. This exhibition is accompanied by a variety of lectures, films, and gallery talks, as well as a children’s art camp
This special package includes:
- Two tickets to the exhibition “Behind the Beyond: Psychedelic Posters and Fashion in San Francisco” featured at The Hallie Ford Museum of Art
- Overnight accommodations for two in a King Deluxe Room
- Early check in at 1 p.m., and a late check out of 1 p.m.
- A $50 gift card to Bentley’s Grill located in The Grand Hotel
- Complimentary, hot breakfast buffet, underground parking, high speed wireless internet, indoor pool and spa
- And 20% off the price of the Exhibition Book at The Hallie Ford Museum of Art
Package starts at $239 plus tax. Need a little more room? Upgrade to a Suite for an additional $20 plus tax.
For more information regarding the “Behind the Beyond: Psychedelic Posters and Fashion in San Francisco” exhibit please click here.